Monday, December 30, 2013

PowerSDR on iPad via TeamViewer

I tested this arrangement this morning on an iPad Air (iOS 7).  With Power SDR software running my Flex-3000 and accessed via TeamViewer I was able to control the radio using a little mouse pointer on the iPad screen. I also verified the ability to zoom in using the two-finger pinch gesture. Below are two views captured with a digital camera.

Normal full window view of PSDR. Other PC taskbar icons are visible at bottom of screen.

Zoomed-in to the maximum amount.

I also had the receive audio playing from the iPad since I activated a virtual audio cable connecting the Flex-3000 audio to default playback. At times the audio would go choppy for several seconds and then settle out for a few minutes. I also heard audio in the background from the web link I still had open to a Flex-6700.

A few weeks earlier I tested the equivalent remote control capability from my Android smartphone using TeamViewer. Of Course, that screen is much smaller, but I was able to zoom in, albeit requiring a lot of panning to navigate.

-John

1 comment:

  1. Well done! All you need to do now is convince Mary Ann you need your own iPad.
    :0

    ReplyDelete