Thursday, May 3, 2018

Email addressee "auto-complete" entries





I and several friends have noticed the annoying behavior of some email applications to pull up multiple email addresses for a friend when entering part of a name or partial email ID in the To: field of a new email. With a careful search I found the following two (of many articles) that address the issue:



How to Clean Up Your Gmail Autocomplete List
I searched through my Google contacts for certain friends and did indeed find a few automatic contact entries, along with multiple email addresses saved in some of the contacts that I built myself. I weeded out the older, unused email addresses and see great improvements in what appears when I start to compose a new email.

I also found some older email addresses associated with Google+ Circles that I had assigned in the past. I had to remove these entries from the affected Circles and, where desired, add the current, valid contacts to the Circles.  Call it Spring cleaning.

How to stop old email addresses appearing automatically in the ‘To’ field in mail app
This article is specific to the Apple mail program.

73,
John




No comments:

Post a Comment